Friday, September 10, 2010

Fishing is FUN

I can think of lots of amazingly rewarding things to do with my time. Most of the rewards that life has to offer are the result of handwork and sacrifice. So I- like many of you- spend 99% of my time working 8-5, going to night school, and trying my best to fulfill my duties to my family and faith.

So that leaves 1% of my time left for fun- watching college football and occasionally fishing. I usually go fishing at least a couple of times a month during the late spring thru early autumn. I used to fish much more frequently when I was younger, but hey, I do what I can. So naturally since I don't get the chance to go as often as I would like, I want to make sure that each fishing outing is as productive and exciting as possible. And that means catching lots of exciting Smallmouth!

To me fishing is one of the most enjoyable hobbies/ sports that I can do. I enjoy fishing so much for the following reasons.

1. It gets me out of the house/office.
2. It provides an opportunity to enjoy nature.
3. It gives me piece of mind and a way to clear my head and think things over with a fresh perspective.
4. Under extreme circumstances, I could use fishing as a way to feed my family.
5. it’s a great way to relive stress.
6. It lets me bond with other dudes (usually my Dad, Uncle, or a Co-Worker).
7. it’s a good physical work-out.
8. And... IT'S FUN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment